There are lots of ways that Oxford Homeless Pathways (OxHoP) clients can get involved in the services they receive.
- Regular meetings where they can contribute ideas and suggestions. These could be within a particular house or group of clients, over a wider part of the service, or could be regarding a specific issue, for example catering.
- Interviewing staff as part of the recruitment process.
- Engaging with the local community, for example giving talks to schools or community groups, running market stalls or stalls at local festivals, fundraising for local charities or speaking at public events.
- Involvement in the ‘My Story’ project, which is helping to educate the public about homelessness.
- Internal volunteering, for example painting and decorating or gardening and maintenance.
- Joining the Service User Board (SUB) to help directly influence strategic planning and direction of the organisation.
- Running the Personalisation Fund (which allocates grants to individual OxHoP clients).
- Offering ideas and suggestions through feedback questionnaires; and contributing to and reading our newsletters, leaflets and noticeboards.