O’Hanlon House provides an assessment centre and resettlement floor for around 66 homeless people aged 18+. During the day, around 80 people use our Day Services, which are available to anyone staying at O’Hanlon House or to rough sleepers by referral. We also provide a separate Resettlement Floor for complex needs moving through the pathway.
O’Hanlon House also takes the lead for Pathway Coordination for homeless services across Oxfordshire.
We provide a base from which homeless people can move into independent accommodation and successfully integrate into the community. We encourage residents to join in with training, education and activity programmes and to get involved with how we run our services.
We involve and empower the people we work with, enabling them to make positive changes in their lives. Our work includes:
- Immediate assessment of housing and other needs for all new arrivals.
- Allocation of a support worker to clients, who draws up a detailed support plan and provides weekly support meetings.
- Helping clients to tackle the issues that have led to homelessness; assisting them to find suitable accommodation; providing welfare rights advice; and encouraging them to become involved in a range of training, education and activities.
- Working in partnership with health, housing, addiction, legal and other agencies to ensure the best possible outcomes for homeless people.
- Giving thorough handovers to new housing providers and offering follow-up support as appropriate; and providing crisis intervention where problems with new tenancies occur.
O'Hanlon House gives an opportunity to get yourself back 'on track' – providing all basic amenities in a safe environment, and the necessary support services and contacts to move on.
You have your own room, which makes you more secure.
O’Hanlon House residents
Services at O'Hanlon House
Thank you to our funders
Big Lottery Fund, Department of Communities and Local Government (DCLG), Oxford City Council, Oxfordshire County Council and Oxfordshire Primary Care Trust.
O'Hanlon House is owned by Home Group. Oxford Homeless Pathways manages O'Hanlon House for Stonham, Home Group's supported housing division.